GREEN CONSTRUCTION- As a green builder we can provide many efficiency upgrades that would produce a higher quality standard of home construction.
Ewan St. Louis Construction Limited feature many Energy Saving Construction Methods, along with many Energy Saving Products. These are designed to make your new custom home a more efficient, more comfortable and a safer place to live in. We could be considered a Green Construction Builder. The building materials and our construction methods used in our quality custom homes are as environmentally friendly as we can possibly use and maintain a reasonable cost for our custom homes. We are proud to be known as an ENERGY SAVING BUILDER. We build 2017 Building Code Regulations.
NOTE: We have different methods of framing and insulating the exterior wall construction which will provide different R-values to the exterior construction. This is depending on the type of exterior wall construction the client chooses.
STANDARD ENERGY SAVING FEATURES
- Exterior wall insulation (R-26)
- Attic insulation (values of: R-60)
- Basement exterior wall insulation (values R-20)
- Insulated exterior steel entry doors (From the factory)
- Insulated overhead garage doors (From the factory)
- Double glazed windows PVC (Low-E argon gas)
- Energy Efficient natural gas furnace
- Programable thermostat
- Full house air exchanger
- Energy efficient appliances ( optional )
UPGRADED ENERGY SAVING FEATURES / GREEN BUILDER
- One of the optional features that we can provide are six millimeter foil poly which has an R Value 3.5 to replace the six mill poly- vapor barrier that is used in a standard house.
- Maxi vents (roof vents) can be used to replace a standard roof vents providing a more positive ventilation in the attic area.
- A Ridged exterior insulation sheeting can be applied on the exterior of the house raising the R Value up to R27 or higher in total.
- We are a certified ARXX foundation installation company enabling us to build ICF and exterior foundation walls which can provide a much higher insulation factor in the basement wall areas.
WE CONSULT WITH OUR CLIENTS TO DESIGN THEIR NEW CUSTOM HOME WITH AS MUCH AND AS MANY OF THE ENERGY SAVING FEATURES THAT ARE AVAILABLE ABOVE OUR STANDARD FEATURES.
Page last updated by Sue St Louis on 01/13/2017.